Re: [linux-lvm] Data on LVM-Partition, how to read it out

On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 02:05:26PM +0200, Alexander Bruns wrote:
> Resize reiserfs did something but when i wanted to mount the LV it did
> not work. reiserfs-checks did not found a problem but the mount-binary
> told my something about a superblock......
>

> Abter a reboot I now have the following:
>
> [root holodeck lvmconf]# pvdisplay /dev/hda7
> pvdisplay
> --- Physical volume ---
> PV Name               /dev/hda7
> VG Name               lvm_volume_01
> PV Size               48.54 GB / NOT usable 1.06 MB [LVM: 169 KB]
> PV#                   1
> PV Status             available
> Allocatable           yes (but full)
> Cur LV                1
> PE Size (KByte)       4096
> Total PE              12425
> Free PE               0
> Allocated PE          12425
> PV UUID               cFFBJX-aqxr-P7kU-71OY-pgpX-rvtA-XxVpoc
>
> But for /dev/hdb5 and /ev/hdc5 it does not show the same. NOTHING!!

It looks like you've managed to write over the metadata on the start
of /dev/hdb5 and /dev/hdc5.  You can confirm this by using the pvdata
command.  If you have then you will need to restore the metadata from
a backup, look at vg_cfgrestore.

- Joe