Re: [linux-lvm] vgscan && vgchange -ay at startup

Hello,
* AJ Lewis <lewis sistina com> [010821 14:04]:
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 01:00:33PM +0200, Ulrich Wiederhold wrote:
>
> > Anybody else had this problems with debian unstable?
>
> There's a good chance that your startup script is running either before root
> is mounted read/write (in which case the LVM tools can't write to /etc) or
> before /proc is mounted (which is less likely because this usually just
> makes vgscan really slow, not fail).  Check your init scripts and verify
> that root is writable before the S25lvm script runs.

I thaught about this problem too and disabled the "read-only" entry in
/etc/lilo.conf, this hasn´t solved the problem.

Now I looked into /etc/rcS.d/ and found out that root in mounted ro in
S10checkroot.sh together with /proc.
Lvm runs in S25lvm and I think root will be mount rw in S35mountall.sh,
so I think it´s a bug in the debian-packages.
Right?

Thanks.
Uli

--
'The box said, 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so i installed Linux - TKK 5