[linux-lvm] Mail troubles at hermes.sistina.com[208.210.145.141]?

Alasdair G Kergon agk at uk.sistina.com
Wed Aug 22 16:35:28 UTC 2001

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 07:20:02PM +0400, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> Today morning I noticied that our mailserver
> rejected some mails from hermes.sistina.com
> due to invalid (non-FQDN) SMTP HELO argument
Thanks for bringing this to our attention!
Our sysadmin team has now fixed this particular problem.

>  451 Cannot check <postmaster at sistina.com> at this time -
>  please try later)
> So Sistina also have no valid postmaster address
> that is also required by RFC?
No - what you saw was of course a *transient* error as the
error code starts with a 4 not a 5 (see the RFC).

There *is* a postmaster address, but there was a
transient problem affecting certain deliveries, including
messages sent to the postmaster address, but not the list
addresses.

Again, I believe this is also now resolved, but do let
us know if you notice any more problems!

Alasdair
agk at uk.sistina.com