Re: [linux-lvm] extending striped lv

AJ Lewis wrote:
> Nope, you can only extend a striped LV on the PV's it is currently on.
> After that you either have to pvmove it to larger PVs or rebuild with more
> disks.
>
> If you want to be able to extend LVs and need software striping, you might
> want to consider using MD striping underneath LVM.

AJ,

does this mean I can initially build a striped LV from two smaller
disks, let me say sda and sdb and later move the LE from sda to sdc
and from sdb to sdd (where sdc and sdb a bigger than sda/sdb)?
It is to be said that the performance of md RAID0 is somewhat better
than from striped LV's but I would prefer LVM if I could extend
a striped LV without rebuilding RAID/restoring data.

cu,
Jan

THE BEST RUN E-BUSINESSES RUN SAP

Jan Schreckenbach                      email: Jan Schreckenbach sap com
SAP AG Walldorf/Baden, Germany         Phone: +49 6227  7-47474
LinuxLab                               Fax  : +49 6227 78-31414

SAP LinuxLab support address: linux sap com