[linux-lvm] Newly extended VG reporting errors.

Diehl, Jeffrey jdiehl at sandia.gov
Tue Aug 28 16:40:36 UTC 2001

Hi all,

I just extended one of my VG's by adding 3 new PV's.  Now, when I do a
vgscan, I get errors.  I would rather not have to reboot this machine if
there is something else I can do.

The error message is:

vgscan -- ERROR "vg_read_with_pv_and_lv(): allocated LE of LV" can't get
data of volume group "Database2" from physical volume(s)
vgscan -- ERROR "vg_read_with_pv_and_lv(): allocated LE of LV" creating
"/etc/lvmtab" and "/etc/lvmtab.d"

What do these messages mean?  And how do I make them go away so I can resize
my filesystem?

Thanx,
Mike Diehl,
Network Monitoring Tool Devl.