[linux-lvm] Newly extended VG reporting errors.

Diehl, Jeffrey jdiehl at sandia.gov
Tue Aug 28 17:59:52 UTC 2001

Well, I went ahead and rebooted the machine...

Now I have don't have any VolumeGroups.  When I run pvscan, it shows all of
my PV's as being associated with an unknown VG and that I should run vgscan.

When I run vgscan, I get:

[root at filmore jdiehl]# vgscan
vgscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)
vgscan -- found active volume group "Database2"
vgscan -- ERROR "vg_read_with_pv_and_lv(): allocated LE of LV" can't get
data of
 volume group "Database2" from physical volume(s)
vgscan -- ERROR "vg_read_with_pv_and_lv(): allocated LE of LV" creating
"/etc/lv
mtab" and "/etc/lvmtab.d"

But this doesn't seem to rebuild the VG.

How do I recover from this?  Or is my data gone?

Mike Diehl,
Network Monitoring Tool Devl.
Sandia National Laboratories.
(505) 284-3137