RE: [linux-lvm] Strange message with 2.4.8+1.0.1rc1

> > Is there a limit to 8 characters in LVM VGs names?
>
> No. The limit is 128 characters and I've had plenty that were
> longer than 10. I suspect that the action of renaming has
> made the difference. I suspect (and if you're brave you could
> try this!) that if you rename the VG back to NORAID_HDX will
> still work.

I haven't renamed it!
What I made:
1st try:
- create NORAID_HDX VG
- create LV
- reboot
- VG not found by vgscan. NO way to restore it.

2nd try:
- create NORAID VG
- create LV
- reboot
- VG found by vgscan.

Note that VG was entirely destroyed between each attempt. Pvcreate
rerun.

Idea?
-jec