[linux-lvm] LVM and SPL

Chemolli Francesco (USI) ChemolliF at GruppoCredit.it
Fri Aug 31 15:06:56 UTC 2001

> I hate to say it - time to fork the code. We could also jump ship to

Uhm, aren't you overreacting? Sure, the GFS thing is not pleasant (I know,
I'm a GFS user) but it's a different project at all, with a VERY different
"market".

Wait for Sistina to actually _do_ somethingbefore coming
to town with guns ablaze.

> IBM's opensource EVMS. To be honest, I don't want to do either thing
> because I really like LVM, I've had very good luck with it, and I use
> it in production systems. However, changing licenses like this, while
> not on LVM, is not a good sign to me (call it a bad feeling
> if you like).

Well, they haven't taken anything from you yet. IF they turn LVM into
proprietary stuff, THEN do fork :)

--
	/kinkie