[linux-lvm] [superkind@arrogant.de: [lvm-devel] Restore PVs/VGs]

----- Forwarded message from David 'Superkind' Roden <superkind arrogant de> -----

From: "David 'Superkind' Roden" <superkind arrogant de>
To: lvm-devel <lvm-devel sistina com>
Subject: [lvm-devel] Restore PVs/VGs
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 14:01:55 +0100 (CET)

Hi.

I recently reinstalled one of the fileservers here in the office. I used
SuSE 7.1, Linux 2.4.16 and LVM 0.9.

While installing, YaST realized that I had several PVs on my system. It
asked whether it should add them to a VG. I answered "yes", but
unfortunately YaST seems to have reinitialized the PVs and created a new
VG.

I still do have the old /etc/lvmconf/*.conf file - is this of any use in
restoring the old VG? Is there any way to restore the old PV and VG
configuration, or can I wave the data good-bye?

Thanks in advance,
	David