Re: [linux-lvm] amanda and lvm

Hi, Darin:

Darin Perusich wrote:

hello,

is anyone using amanda, www.amanda.org to dump lvm's out there? i'm
trying to dump a volume and when it gets to the volume it just hangs
there. the filesystems are reiserfs so i'm using tar to preform the
dumps. i'm able to successfully dump the other filesystems.

i've been using amanda to dump volumes created with Sun's Solstice Disk
Suite. all you need to do is specify the path to the block device, in
this case i'm using /dev/volume_group/logical_volume. the only
difference is under solaris you can use ufsdump.

While I don't use LVM on production systems, I did a test run with LVM 1.0 on a 2.2.19 kernel (a Red Hat 6.2 based box). I worked just OK regarding Amanda. Indeed, since Amanda is nothing more than a wrapper around your current backup tool of choice I would look for:

a/ A config mistake
b/ Some problem with your tool: here I'd look for problems regarding the truple LVM/tar/ReiserFS.

Under these asumptions, can you properly tar those volumes undependant from Amanda?
--
SALUD,
Jesús