Re: [linux-lvm] Problems after upgrading LVM

I got my problem solved.
It seems like I can't restore a vg created with an older version of LVM
than the one I am currently using.
This means that VGs in my stup created with LVM 0.9 can't be restored
after upgrading to 1.0.1.
Is this a bug ? (I would say yes) - if not, what is the correct
procedure to get your VG up and running after an update ?

I tried doing a
vgcfgrestore -n vg_name /dev/hdXX (for each pertitions in the VG)
vgchange -ay

And after that just a regular mount.

After this discovery, my setup is debian linux with kernel 2.4.16 (which
has lvm 1.0.1rc4) and the tools for lvm 0.9 which I originally created
the vg with) - to me this sounds rather weird.

What did I miss ?

Thanks,

Klaus Pedersen