Re: [linux-lvm] problem resizing without losing data

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 10:32:57AM -0800, SI Reasoning wrote:
> xfs and 3 is reiserfs. I recently attempted to shrink
> var by 500 meg and then expand usr by  500 meg. This
> hosed my system as many files in var were lost
> (although there was plenty of room to spare on var).
did you shrink the /var filesystem before resizing the logical
volume ? I believe you didn't since there seems to be no way
to shrink an xfs filesystem.

regards,
L.

btw. it won't solve your problem, but since you are using cooker
could you try using newer lvm rpms from http://www.comedia.it/bluca/lvm/
L.

--
Luca Berra -- bluca comedia it