[linux-lvm] Keep snapshots active for 24 hours?

Hi,
  I'm in the process of evaluating LVM (with XFS) for our ~500G RAID NFS
server.  I'm using hardware RAID, so I'm only using LVM is for snapshots.
My original plan was to take a snapshot around midnight everyday, run the
backup, then remove the snapshot (just as the FAQ says to :-).  However,
I'd like to offer my users the ability to have access to the previous days
snapshot (so they can easily restore an accidentally deleted file).  I don't
need all 500G (we're currently using only ~60G), so I was thinking of either
50G or 100G for the snapshot (although I only expect ~5G/day to be changed).
I was wondering what kind of performance hit would I take if I kept the
snapshot for 24 hours?
...thnx,
...dave alden