Re: [linux-lvm] Keep snapshots active for 24 hours?

Hi, Steve!

Steve Wray (steve wray the net nz) wrote 70 lines:

> - take a snapshot, install something or try something out
> that might break something, then restore *directly* from
> the snapshot if anything goes wrong; without having to actually
> back it up to media and restore it.

Even better would be writable snapshots for that:
- make a snapshot of (everything where the install writes to
- install the program
- test it on the snapshot
- junk the snapshot if the install is bad

and, of course, you might want to migrate changes from the
snapshot to the original FS (or vice versa).  That however
is a second feature.  Until then you'd have to do the install
all over again -- once we actually get writable shnapshots.

-Wolfgang