Re: [linux-lvm] File size limit exceeded

Hi, Goetz!

Goetz Bock (bock blacknet de) wrote 160 lines:

> I've a strange problem with my LVM:

> root # lvcreate -L 20G -n dragon filebase
> root # mke2fs /dev/filebase/dragon

> File size limit exceeded

Funny, that one popped up over here as well (though I get
it when lvcreate'ing).  I belive it started somewhere after
kernel 1.4.15 or 16 and/or LVM 1.0.1.

Also funny: It works OK from the console, but not under X -- if
I use screen on the console and reconnect to that screen under
X it still works, even creating new windows inside screen.
(Yes, yes, the ulimits are the same under the console and
under X for root.  X itself doesn't run under root, of course.)

-Wolfgang