[linux-lvm] LVM Boot = /sbin/modprobe: error while loading shared libraries: libzso.1

Ben Holness ben at bens-house.org.uk
Tue Dec 25 22:01:01 UTC 2001

Hi,
I am having trouble getting my Mandrake 8.1 system to boot to a logical
partition (LVM).
I followed the instructions from the man page for lvmcreate_initrd, which
worked OK, modified /boot/lilo.conf as instructed and ran lilo. I also
modified the (new) fstab file.
When I reboot, however, I get the following errors:
****
/sbin/modprobe: error while loading shared libraries: libzso.1: cannot open
vgscan -- LVM driver/module not loaded?
vgchange -- ERROR: "/etc/lvmtab" doesn't exist; please run vgscan
VFS: Cannot open root device "3a01" or 3a:01
Kernal panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 3a:01
****
Any ideas? I am lost. I guess I need to tell Linux to load the LVM driver at
boot time, but I thought it did this anyway, because when I copied the stuff
across, I could mount the logical volumes once the system had booted... (I
have a 2.5Gb normal partition that I installed to and which will be plugged
into my volume group once I am booting with LVM)
I did a locate on "libzso.1", but it couldn't find it.
Cheers,
Ben