RE: [linux-lvm] LVM Boot = /sbin/modprobe: error while loading shared libraries: libzso.1

did you run lilo again after creatinh the initrd?

<sheepish grin> No </sheepish grin>

OK, ran lilo and it got back to stage one again - cannot open libz.so.1
(error exactly the same as per my first LVM root mail) :(

I had some trouble with pvcreate because MDK set my system up with devfs
enabled.

Could this be playing some part in the problem?

Cheers,

Ben