Re: [linux-lvm] RAID support...

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 01:33:31PM -0500, Michael O'Rourke wrote:
> To whom it may concern,
>
> Not that this is a show stopper, but it seems that the LVM is missing
> important capabilities such as RAID 1 & 5.  I see that you already
> support RAID 0, but that's it.  In my opinion, it makes sense to merge
> the RAID support (seperate product) with the LVM product.  Because the
> two really complement each other.

	I think the two problems are completely orthogontal and
complement eachother in much the same way as applications complement an
OS.  I question whether even RAID0 support is really necessary in LVM.
RAID should be stacked below, or above LVM, not packed inside.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
"It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God.
It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."  --- Thomas Jefferson