[linux-lvm] (no subject)

Andreas Dilger adilger at turbolinux.com
Mon Feb 12 20:40:06 UTC 2001

Pierre writes:
> Is there a utility to convert an existing ext2fs to a
> lvm or do I have to due a complete new install???

It may be possible to use parted to do this.  I don't think it is 100%
finished, but I _think_ it can do "move start of filesystem" kind of
work.  It will NOT do the LVM creation, and you will need to manually
figure out  how much space to put at the beggining of the PV for LVM
metadata.  After that, you will also need to create an LV which is
using exactly the correct PEs to hold the filesystem.

I would make a backup first.

Cheers, Andreas