[linux-lvm] with 2.4.1, should I use beta2 or beta3 lvm-tools?

Joe Thornber joe at 66bassett.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Feb 2 10:30:49 UTC 2001

On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 11:15:25AM +0100, Håkan Jettingstad wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Just a quick question, kernel 2.4.1 contains lvm 0.9.1beta2, so I'm
> wondering do I have to use the beta2 lvm-tools or can I use the beta3
> lvm-tools with that kernel, or do I have to wait for a beta3 patch for the
> 2.4.1 kernel?

Please use the latest code if you can.  The LVM tar balls will build a
patch for your kernel.  If you don't want to patch your kernel
yourself then use the latest tools with 2.4.1, but you should probably
refrain from using snapshots.  We hope to make another release at the
beginning of next week (probably beta4).

- Joe