[linux-lvm] startup scripts

Nils Juergens nils at muon.de
Sat Feb 3 13:43:23 UTC 2001

On Fri, 02.02.01, Gashaw Mengistu <gashaw at asosa.org> wrote:

> Oh .. I am using Mandrake 7.2 with Kernel 2.4.1 compiled with RAID and LVM
> support built in.

Well, if you compiled your kernel with raid autodetect support it does
not matter that much where you put it. If your raid is started by some
startup-script you have to put the lvm-stuff after that.

I think it is quite reasonable to initialize LVM quite early, after
the initial mount of the / filesystem. That way you can mount the
filesystems the usal way at startup - using /etc/fstab. If one of your
PV's is a MD, autodetect support is mandatory.

greetings,

Nils