[linux-lvm] startup stuff an dnew question :-)

zoo1 at corecomm.net zoo1 at corecomm.net
Tue Feb 6 02:39:17 UTC 2001

On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 09:18:31AM +0100, Ulf Bartelt wrote:

>This is how I did it on my router/mailserver:

[...]

>But the tricky part is: hda2 and hda1 are LVs too...
>I just faked partition map entries for them and I use them only by this
>"partition aliases", so I can boot a system living totally in LVs using
>conventional things like lilo...

erm... just what does this gain you, then? if you resize or move those
LVs, wouldn't you have to manually change the fake partition map
entries, sort of negating the entire point of using LVM...?

--
   PGP/GnuPG key (ID 1024D/BFE0D6D0) available from keyservers everywhere

       "Everything I am today, I owe to people whom it is now too late
                                   to punish."