[linux-lvm] Weird corruption of volume group configuration with LVM

Andreas Dilger adilger at turbolinux.com
Mon Feb 12 19:31:32 UTC 2001

Hans, you write:
> Forgot the attachment in my previous mail. Oups.

[Attachment, skipping...]

This still isn't "my" vgscan either.  For example, my code prints:

<4444> lvm_add_dir_cache -- CALLED with /dev/hda

instead of only:

<4444> lvm_add_dir_cache -- CALLED

and if lvm_dir_cache is called multiple times, it looks like:

<333> pv_get_size -- CALLED with /dev/hda2 and BFFFF9AC
<4444> lvm_dir_cache_find -- CALLED
<55555> lvm_dir_cache -- CALLED
<55555> lvm_dir_cache -- LEAVING with ret: 12
<4444> lvm_dir_cache_find -- LEAVING

so lvm_dir_cache doesn't re-read the whole device list each time it is
called, which is still happening in your output.

Cheers, Andreas