[linux-lvm] Slackware init

AJ Lewis lewis at sistina.com
Sun Feb 25 23:52:46 UTC 2001

On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 01:33:05PM -0500, ardy at rdb.linux-help.org wrote:
> What happens is when vgscan starts, it takes about 1.5 minutes to scan,
> and while its scanning, the kernel is reporting a whole lot of modprobe
> errors for modules I don't have/need. What I ended up doing was aliasing
> off the block-major devices that were being scanned that I don't have on
> my system:
>
> alias block-major-9     off
> alias block-major-22    off
> alias block-major-33    off
> alias block-major-34    off
> alias block-major-48    off
> alias block-major-49    off
> alias block-major-50    off
> alias block-major-51    off
> alias block-major-52    off
> alias block-major-53    off
> alias block-major-54    off
> alias block-major-55    off
>
> Consequently, the loop block module gets loaded because it too is scanned.
> After the 1.5 minute scan, everything is mounted from fstab, including the
> LVM volumes.

Are you by chance using a 2.4.x kernel with devfs support compiled in, but
not being mounted?  I am seeing the same thing with that setup.

--
AJ Lewis
Sistina Software Inc.                  Voice:  612-379-3951
Minneapolis, MN 55414                  E-Mail: lewis at sistina.com
http://www.sistina.com

Current GPG fingerprint = 3B5F 6011 5216 76A5 2F6B  52A0 941E 1261 0029 2648
Get my key at: http://www.sistina.com/~lewis/gpgkey
 (Unfortunately, the PKS-type keyservers do not work with multiple sub-keys)

-----Begin Obligatory Humorous Quote----------------------------------------
Carpe Aptenodytes! (Seize the Penguins!)