[linux-lvm] 2.4.1-pre7 + LVM 0.9.1 beta1 (CVS) - OK now

Gustavo Zacarias gustavo at zacarias.com.ar
Wed Jan 17 00:54:23 UTC 2001

Ok, no more oopses doing vgextend's here :-)
For the lazy/curious crowd, i left a patch to make
a plain 2.4.0 into a 2.4.1-pre7-gz (to indentify the
mutation) at http://nrrti.zacarias.com.ar/linux
It's basically a 2.4.1-pre7 with LVM 0.9.1 beta1 checked
out from CVS this morning, plus super.c fix for root
reiserfs and a newer 8139too driver.
All this things fix my needs for now, which is an ext2
/boot, reiserfs-tea /, and reiserfs-r5 /data LVMed.
I've been pushing this thing hard for about an hour,
mostly SMB & FTP to/from the LVM device.
Please bear in mind this isn't any kind of official
patch, just a home grown one, only tested on 2
machines, and most of all unsupported.
And if you can't connect to get it, it's probably the
lousy ADSL/PPPoE connection...

Keep up the good work LVM team!

--
Gustavo Zacarias - Yahoo! ID "qarnage"