[linux-lvm] RedHat 7.0?

Eric M. Hopper hopper at omnifarious.org
Mon Jul 2 19:29:39 UTC 2001

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 12:15:06PM -0700, Erick Calder wrote:
> I've searched through the archives but have not found anyone else
> using Redhat 7.0 (Guiness) with LVM.  I've found a thread about 7.1
> (Seawolf) but that uses the 2.4.2 kernel and I'm running the 2.2.19
> kernel.
>
> I found the RPMs on the site but they are for 6.2 (Zoot)... does
> anyone know whether I can use the 6.2 RPMs on 7.0?  if not, are there
> RPMs for 7.0 that I could use?
>
> alternatively, has anyone compiled from the tarball and successfully
> used LVM on my platform?

	I'm using RH Linux 7.0.  I got it compiled into the kernel,
though it was a bit of a chore as I recall.  I had to disable the
software RAID subsystem completely to make it work.

	When the 2.4 kernel came out, I eventually switched to it, and
just compiled a raw kernel, not an RH patched one.  It worked fine, and
I'm still running it.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
"It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God.
It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."  --- Thomas Jefferson