Re: [linux-lvm] LVM on Redhat 2.4.3-12 Kernel

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 05:13:57PM -0400, gerry dorfam ca wrote:

>In other words, how do I get this going under the new kernel???

We always recommend downloading kernel source from kernel.org, get a copy
of the latest released source from ftp.sistina.com and follow the steps
in the howto.

RedHat applies tons of custom patches ( 200+ ) to the vanilla source tree in an
attempt to one-up thier competition. While this is not inherintly bad, it
can make things difficult to sort out when you start trying to apply
patches that were generated based off of stock linus brand kernels. Also
there may be some hidden differences which let you think everything is
working while it in fact is not.

--
Ben Lutgens
Sistina Software Inc.