[linux-lvm] LVM on Redhat 2.4.3-12 Kernel

Ed Tomlinson tomlins at cam.org
Thu Jul 5 11:17:05 UTC 2001

On July 5, 2001 05:39 am, Joe Thornber wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 04:50:53PM -0500, Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belon wrote:
> > <SNIP>
> > (BTW anyone knows what happened to the 1.0 release that was supposed to
> > be yesterday?)
>
> The release is delayed :( I think we're going to need another beta
> release before the great 1.0.  We want to be careful that we can still
> support existing systems with the bad alignments, as well as newly
> created LV's that have correct alignment.  This is going to involve an
> upgrade tool that will be run on existing VG's before the new software
> (beta8) can be used.

Think creating this tool is a very good idea.  Suggest that you use beta8
in a very dirrected way - possibly publicly stating that the beta8 release
is to test X, Y and Z and will last N weeks/days (if no serious problems are
found).  Alternatly you could use rc1 instead of beta8 and work from there.

Thanks
Ed Tomlinson