[linux-lvm] LVM 0.9.1 beta 7 & CVS differences ?

Bas list at showme.wox.org
Thu Jul 12 23:26:30 UTC 2001

Hi,

I'm using an XFS enabled 2.4.6 kernel. It used to run with 0.9.1 beta 6, and
could be upgraded to 0.9.1 beta 7. LVM is not compiled as a module, it's in
the kernel.

I applied the CVS patch today (after the Oops ... message), and tried to
boot using a newly generated initrd. Now it can't seem to find my volume
group. Whenever I start using my old LVM kernel, it can read my VG and all
assiocated LV's. When I run the new tools on my old kernel, it says

lsvg -- ERROR: VGDA in kernel and lvmtab are NOT consistent; please run
vgscan. Whenever I run vgscan, I end up with an empty /etc/lvmtab.d and an
empty  /etc/lvmtab, but it doesn't change anything.

pvscan returns:
[bigdude]#pvscan -u
pvscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)
pvscan -- ERROR "pv_read(): LVM structure version" reading physical volumes

I recompiled the 0.9.1 beta 7 tools, and it returns:
pvscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)
pvscan -- ACTIVE   PV "/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part2" of VG
"rootvg" [8.45 GB / 3.89 GB free]
pvscan -- total: 1 [8.45 GB] / in use: 1 [8.45 GB] / in no VG: 0 [0]

Is there some kind of migration tool ?

Thanks,
Bas.