[linux-lvm] im getting: ERROR "vg_read_with_pv_and_lv()

Robin Wenninger logix at t-online.de
Sun Jul 15 14:13:04 UTC 2001

hi all,
i have a problem with my lvm. i have changed my root distribution, after
doing this, my lvm doesen't work anymore. i left the lvm-partitions
untouched, and after installing the kernel-patch and the lvm-tools for me new
distribution, i tried a vgscan to create a new lvmtab and a lvmtab.d. but i
get a errormessage:

vgscan -- ERROR "vg_read_with_pv_and_lv(): allocated LE of LV" can't get data
of volume group "vg01" from physical volume(s)
vgscan -- ERROR "vg_read_with_pv_and_lv(): allocated LE of LV" creating
"/etc/lvmtab" and "/etc/lvmtab.d"

vgscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)
vgscan -- found inactive volume group "vg01"

i dont know what do to

please help me

cu all

p.s. i created my lvm with the v0.8 from the lvm tools, now i try to vgscan
with the v0.9, can this be the problem?