Re: [linux-lvm] HUGE LVM log file...

At 18/07/01, you wrote:
We've not had much feedback on this, I guess that people don't really
notice much of a difference, I certainly haven't.  The allocation
policy for PE's is to start at the beginning of the disk (which tend
to have faster data transfer rates) and work back.  Anybody done any
benchmarking in this area ?

Are you sure ?

In AIX, the system create PPS (PE) from the middle of the disk for performance reasons.

I heard on this list or on Linux-raid list that it's the middle of the disk which is the faster area.