[linux-lvm] pvversion failure

James Pattinson jamesp at foobarhouse.com
Wed Jul 25 22:02:17 UTC 2001

Hi

Well, I booted into my rescue partition, which has no devfs. Using kernel
2.4.7 and beta8 patch but with beta7 tools, the pvversion command gave the
same error. I'm rather confused now  - I must admit I thought that would
work around the problem - because long devfs names have caused me
problems in the past.

Any more ideas? I could just re-create my VG again like I usually do, but
that's quite a task since I have LVM-on-root.

James