[linux-lvm] pvversion failure

James Pattinson jamesp at foobarhouse.com
Thu Jul 26 11:07:09 UTC 2001

Hi Heinz

Fixed it now - it was a different flaw I'm afraid!

Line 96 of pvversion takes the first 33 lines of the output of pvdisplay
to determine the PE something or other, and on my system with 15 LVs, you
get no PE info in the first 33 lines!

Changing this value to 36 solved the problem. However I suggest a value of
300 or so to allow for the maximum number of 256 LVs. Was this a dirty
hack? :-)

Cheers

James