[linux-lvm] Nasty bug in lvm and/or md and/or reiserfs

Werner John john at oswf.de
Fri Jul 27 06:57:09 UTC 2001

AJ Lewis writes:
> [...]
> >
> > Still, the bugs that surface in md and reiserfs make me a little
> > worried.  md has been around for a while now, hasn't it?  I get the
> > feeling it's a bit fragile.  Well, maybe it's just me.
>
> I personally don't know a whole lot about MD, but there seem to be a lot
> of people using it.  Maybe people on the list using MD and LVM together can
> comment.
> [...]

I cannot comment on reiserfs, because I only use it on my equipment for
test reasons, but I have LVM on top of a RAID-5 and a RAID-0 up and running
for more than 140 days on one of our machines. No problems so far, although
it is still 0.9.1-beta5 and a "rather old" kernel ;-). Maybe it is time to
upgrade this one, too.

I use RAID since kernel 2.2.14 came out, one machine here is still running
2.2.18 with a RAID-5 (no LVM) and is up ever since.

Regards,

--
   Werner John                         Tel: +49 (0)69 829 757-0
   Offenbacher Stanzwerkzeugfabrik     Fax: +49 (0)69 829 757-25