[linux-lvm] Nasty bug in lvm and/or md and/or reiserfs

Jason Tackaberry tack at linux.com
Fri Jul 27 13:02:45 UTC 2001

> I cannot comment on reiserfs, because I only use it on my equipment for
> test reasons, but I have LVM on top of a RAID-5 and a RAID-0 up and running

I guess you mean software RAID using md?

> for more than 140 days on one of our machines. No problems so far, although
> it is still 0.9.1-beta5 and a "rather old" kernel ;-). Maybe it is time to
> upgrade this one, too.

I guess this is the concern: md clearly works when all is going well,
but when somethings goes awry (like, for example, in my case where a
kernel bug in reiserfs caused umount to segfault while it had a lock on
/etc/mtab), is it robust enough?

Are there others on this list who can share their md/lvm experiences use
with me?

Thanks,
Jason.