Re: [linux-lvm] Migrating to an LVM system (boot/root) disk

On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 11:34:21AM -0600, Andreas Dilger wrote:
> Yes, you are correct that you know in advance which IOP version you need.
> However, it is much easier for lvmcreate_initrd to just copy all of the
> programs (including the wrapper) to the initrd, instead of trying to find
> which ones are needed and which are not needed.  In the end, the wrapper
> is one disk block + a few directory entries (no more space needed).
>
> The problem is that "sed" is used in the wrapper script.  AFAIK, I do not
> have "sed" in my wrapper script, so I don't know where it came from.  Can
> you tell me where the wrapper script comes from that you are using and/or
> post a copy to this list so it can be fixed?

Hmm...I put 'sed' in the debian package wrapper scripts since Debian put's
basename in /usr/bin and if you don't use an initrd script and you have your
/usr partition on LVM, you can't use the wrapper...

Is there an easy way we can work around this?  Maybe hack up the
create_initrd script a bit more?  I can just adjust it in the debian
packages too i guess.

Regards,
--
AJ Lewis
Sistina Software Inc.                  Voice:  612-638-0500

Current GPG fingerprint = 3B5F 6011 5216 76A5 2F6B  52A0 941E 1261 0029 2648
Get my key at: http://www.sistina.com/~lewis/gpgkey
 (Unfortunately, the PKS-type keyservers do not work with multiple sub-keys)