Re: [linux-lvm] LILO configuration for LVM "boot" filesystem

Big Brother tells me that Steven Lembark wrote:

> Use separate mount points for /var, /usr & /home.  This keeps
> root down to mainly /etc, /dev, /bin, /sbin and /lib -- none of
> which is all that enormous.  Short of writing the File From Hell
> to /tmp a 128MB root file system works well enough for me.  I do
> put /usr & /opt on LVM but only because all the tools needed to
> revive the system are in /bin, /sbin & /lvm on the root.

    After installation, do:

cd / ; mv tmp tmp.old ; ln -s /var/tmp .
reboot
rm -rf /tmp.old

    Now you don't have to worry about root filling up at all...

--
"Aluminum foil makes a wonderful hat and blocks     Jack McKinney
 out the government's mind-control rays."           http://www.lorentz.com