[linux-lvm] LVM kernel patch request

Leo Wong leowong at i-stt.com.hk
Thu Jun 14 10:36:54 UTC 2001

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am using RedHat7.1 with Kernel version 2.4.2-2. I downloaded the binaries patch-generator0.91beta7 rpm. i follow the instructions(i.e. ./configure and then make in PATCHES, then a patch -p1 < /xx/xxx/PATCHES/xxxxx.patch)  to patch the kernel and everything wents well when i do a make config in the /usr/src/linux, configuring the LVM as a modules.

But i cannot do a make modules, after i make dep;make clean;make bzlilo, lots of compilation errors jump out.
I then try compile the LVM in the kernel by running make config again. after i build everything, when i run the vgscan, it says "lvmiopversion -- LVM driver/module not loaded?"

Seemingly the LVM module/compilation doesn't work for this kernel.

Could u please help me on it?

Thanks very much in advance.

Best regards
Leo Wong