[linux-lvm] LVM and lilo

evan.day at home.com evan.day at home.com
Mon Jun 18 15:00:58 UTC 2001

> Everything went fine but now I would like to modify my lilo.conf and
all
> I get is; Fatal: Sorry, don't know how to handle device 0x3a00
>
> Any ideas?

Did you create an initrd ramdisk image?  See lvmcreate_initrd(8) for
details.  You'll then need to add an initrd=/path/to/image to lilo.conf
and rerun lilo.  (Basically the initrd needs to load the lvm modules
into the kernel if you didn't make them static and run vgscan and
vgchange -a y to enable the logical  volumes)

Did you compile ram disk and initrd support into the kernel?  I spent a
couple hours banging my head trying to figure out why my kernel wouldn't
run the initrd before I finally figured that one out...I'm a quick
learner :)

--
Evan Day <evan (d) day (a) home (d) com>
GPG:1024D/237C1C84 FP:1615 E312 A6D1 542B C4A6 38B5 69B1 2844 237C 1C84