[linux-lvm] LVM problems

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Thu Jun 21 00:58:32 UTC 2001

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Heinz J. Mauelshagen wrote:

> Ed,

> Linus *never* answered when we send hom patches even though I've
> send them multiple times.

and linus has said many many times on l-k: he gets loads and loads of
mail, he reads it with his finger on the D key, if you hear nothing
from him, keep sending.

also, you can almost take it as given that he won't look at anything
but emails that contain an inline diff (unified format) that tackles
one specific problem/update. URL or mime attachment -> deleted.

> We are working together with Alan Cox since weeks to get his -ac
> tree updated.
>
> Once he has it in he will push it to Linus.  Hopefully small
> changes in the future will make it in easier (sigh).

hopefully so and look forward to it.

> Regards,
> Heinz    -- The LVM Guy --

again, just like Ed, i have to say that i'm not bitching.. i think
LVM is just about the best thing since sliced bread - truly my
favourite linux kernel feature. so all i want to point out is that
LVM'd be just that -> <- much better if you guys kept LVM closely
in-sync with Linus. and best of all, for everyone ultimately, if
you'd ditch your private CVS tree altogether and just sync through
Linus very regularly..

(we don't care if sometimes you introduce bugs by sending patches
very frequently to Linus, cause we'll know that you just as regularly
send fixes.  but don't accumulate bug-fixes over many months in a cvs
tree and sit on them.)

but i do love LVM.

regards,
Paul Jakma	paul at clubi.ie	paul at jakma.org