[linux-lvm] pvmove error

S. Michael Denton smdenton at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 26 13:05:50 UTC 2001

ok, here's the info... i think there is an offset problem here:

fdisk -l: /dev/hdd1             1      4092   2062336+  8e  Linux LVM
pvdisplay -v:    00502 /dev/rootvg/mp3lv         02517   4116481

the pe size on this pv is 4MB, so the end of disk should be at
4124673, but as you see, fdisk reports only having 4124672.
unfortunately my other vg has striped lv's so i can't easily use its
space temporarily to move the data around, and this vg only has about
550MB unallocated... not enough room there to move around a 2GB
drive's data.  hey wait a sec... if i lvreduce the lv, it'll remove
from the end, right?  hmmm... perhaps that might work... let me try
that when the volume becomes inactive again.

i'll keep ya posted if this works.

thanks again!