Re: [linux-lvm] HowTo: EIDE/ATA-100 + RAID 1 + LVM

On Thu, Jun 28 '01 at 16:46, Robert_Macaulay Dell com wrote:
> I had a 4G RAM box(HIMEM64 enabled) with Hardware RAID 1 and LVM beta7,
> kernel is from RH 7.1, version 2.4.3-6.
What kind of hardware raid?
If it wasn't such a fake IDE one (or a 3ware encalade), I would have
sticked with it.

> [ ... ]
> I know I changed 2 variables(RAM and RAID). I'm going to go back to HW raid
> 1 for now, and see if it makes a difference.
I would try the ram first, I'm not too confident on IA32 boxes handling
more than 4gb correctly (damn it, I'd like to have a box with 1gb ...)

--
Goetz Bock                                              IT Consultant
Dipl.-Inf. Univ.