[linux-lvm] Changing device numbers.

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm correct with what I'm about to say, but please correct
me where I'm wrong:

I'm using devfs, (maybe not for long, depends on the answer), and since not
too long 2 SCSI disks. I decided to create striped LV's, and decided to go
all the way, so I included root. That made me create a temp LV, and copy all
the data. I did that with every LV. Now I didn't need my old LV that
contained root, so I deleted it.

I want root to have major 58, minor 0 and usr major 58, minor 1. How can I
get that done.
root is 58,15 now. This also caused trouble when I rebooted after deleting
old root.

Thanks,
Bas