Re: [linux-lvm] Getting LVM to startup on RedHat

I put mine in rc.3 or whatever runlevel you boot at. I just created a small script that kicks it off and it works fine. Maybe that would do the trick for ya.

And if you are compiling why not just jump up to 2.2.18.

From: Alec Smith <alec shadowstar net>
To: <linux-lvm sistina com>
Subject: [linux-lvm] Getting LVM to startup on RedHat
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 18:19:22 -0500 (EST)

I've compiled kernel 2.2.17+LVM-0.9 patches on a RedHat 6.2 machine. If I
run

vgscan
vgchange -ay
mount /dev/malepages/data /data

at a command prompt, all works well. However, if I include

/usr/sbin/vgscan
/usr/sbin/vgchange -ay

(exactly as above) in my /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit the commands don't seem to
be run at reboot. After the reboot, I can run the vgchange and mount
commands without first doing a vgscan without incident.

Any ideas what could be going on?

Thanks,
Alec