From: Alec Smith <alec shadowstar net>
To: <linux-lvm sistina com>
Subject: [linux-lvm] Getting LVM to startup on RedHat
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 18:19:22 -0500 (EST)

I've compiled kernel 2.2.17+LVM-0.9 patches on a RedHat 6.2 machine. If I
run

vgscan
vgchange -ay
mount /dev/malepages/data /data

at a command prompt, all works well. However, if I include

/usr/sbin/vgscan
/usr/sbin/vgchange -ay

(exactly as above) in my /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit the commands don't seem to
be run at reboot. After the reboot, I can run the vgchange and mount
commands without first doing a vgscan without incident.

Any ideas what could be going on?

Thanks,
Alec