Re: [linux-lvm] Apparent performance degradation for each PV with striping

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 12:05:36AM -0700, Donald Thompson wrote:
> I actually was thinking seriously about getting a 3ware card when I
> started this machine, but I wussed out and just went with the two onboard
> IDE interfaces. Its definately a cheaper option than replacing or adding
> SCSI drives to the system.

I did some striping tests at the weekend with a pair of IDE disks, I
managed to get 56 M/s read and 28M/s write (according to bonnie++).
These numbers are twice the performance of the slowest of the two IDE
drives, which is good.

- Joe