Re: [linux-lvm] vgscan won't recognize my VG

> You don't need the beta6 kernel patch to run vgcfgrestore to restore UUIDs,
> only the beta6 user tools.

OK, but see what appears if I try to restore the VGDA... (the messages aren't
exact)

# vgcfgrestore -n <vg_name> -f <vgda_backup> <path_to_pv>
Error "parameter error" while trying to restore

# cp <vgda_backup> /etc/lvmtab.d/<vg_name>
# vgcfgrestore -n <vg_name> <path_to_pv>
vgcfgrestore -- VGDA of vg <vg_name> successfully restored in <path_to_pv>

# pvdata -U <path_to_pv>
List of UUIDs:
uuid0: <uuid1>
uuid1: <uuid2>
uuid2: --EMPTY--

# This sucks!
!: Event not found :))

So what's up here? Am I using vgcfgrestore properly or am I messing the whole thing
up?

 David Vidal R. (vidalrod in tum de)
 http://dvr.ismad.com
 "Ein Computer ohne Windows ist wie ein Fisch ohne Fahrrad."