[linux-lvm] LVM on top of Software Raid

I have frequently read that it is possible to use lvm on top of software raid multiple devices. However, the descriptions of the process were either somewhat vague or clearly related to the old software raid subsystem without persistent superblocks. I have already sent mails to the authors of the various howtos I found, but to no avail. Maybe some kind soul on this mailing list can answer my questions.

Is it possible to use multiple devices as physical volumes? The problem here seems to be related to the "partition ID" of the multiple devices. If it is possible, how do I do it? If it is not, are there any plans to fix it?

Regards

Michael Burschik