[linux-lvm] Can I use snapshots for this?

Goetz Bock lvm at blacknet.de
Tue Mar 27 14:37:01 UTC 2001

Hi,

I'm sorry, if this whould haven been obvious by simply triing, but I did
can not remember to read anything in the docs:

I'm currently running a small 20GB RAID array and allow my users a
simple versioning by storing a copy of all files one an IDE drive in the
system every night at 4:00.

As 20GB are very small, we'll get a 180GB RAID in the next month.
Unfortunately there is no cheep 180GB ide drive do have this way of
verioning :-(.

But I thought about using LVMs snapshoots for this. Can I do so?

Thanks,
    Goetz.