Re: [linux-lvm] lvmgui 0.2 release

On 28 Mar 2001, Terje Kvernes wrote:
> "Eric M. Hopper" <hopper omnifarious mn org> writes:
>
> > Tcl/Tk has got to be the ickiest language I've ever had the
> > displeasure of writing a program in this side of BASIC. It combines
> > the obtuseness of lisp with the execution speed of Javascript.
>
>   what? ick. Common Lisp is _very_ nice to work with thank you. that
>   Tcl is the ultimate masochist language even beyond befunge on the
>   other hand is true.

Well, you might consider rep-gtk then?  =)
(No, I have no idea what it's like.)

I'd still like to note that it may very likely have to be compiled on a
server that doesn't have toolkit x. This rules mostly out QT, sometimes
GTK and maybe even TK.

Anyone thought about a curses one? It might still help visualizing the
stuff and intimidate some users less, help prevent stupid mistakes
etc. Gui doesn't have to be X.

Just my thoughts =)

--
Funk, Funking n.
   A shrinking back through fear. Colloq. ``The horrid panic,